List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Grant Cooper Date:December 5 2002 10:01pm
Subject:RE: Aggregating function which returns more than one row
View as plain text

-----Original Message-----
From: lungu@stripped [mailto:lungu@stripped]On
Behalf Of Felix LUNGU
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 12:27 AM
To: Victor Pendleton; mysql@stripped

The idea is simple:
I want to implement some temporal computation
on timeseries like normalization and interpolation
to smooth the data and fill the missing values.

So, for example if have a table like that:
starttime,endtime,counter
12:00,12:30,34
13:00,14:00,25

you see that for 12:00 the measurement was for
30 minutes and a segement is missing (12:30-13:00).

What I want is to write some aggregation functions
the will do this kind of computations like the following:

select nisum(starttime,endtime,counter,<interval>,trashold) from <my_table>
where ....

That's it,
Felix

-------