List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 4 2002 6:04pm
Subject:Re: question about mysql_real_escape_string()
View as plain text
At 17:29 +0200 12/4/02, Tom Roos wrote:
>hi
>
>does this function handle a binary string of any length or is there
>some sort of max limit.
>
>when i load a binary file (filesize 49Kb) into a blob field, the
>function is ok but when the filesize is 1.8Mb, the function fails
>and my programs aborts. using the debugger, the program aborts when
>in this function.
>
>if mysql_real_escape_string() has a max limit, how does one get
>around this? could it be set in my.cnf, or somewhere else? or is
>this a case of bad practise to load big (> 1Mb) into mysql?
>
>tks
>tom

Are you using the C API directly?  Make sure your output buffer is large
enough, you can easily have crashes if it's not.
Thread
question about mysql_real_escape_string()Tom Roos4 Dec
  • Re: question about mysql_real_escape_string()Paul DuBois4 Dec
  • Re: question about mysql_real_escape_string()Georg Richter4 Dec
  • Re: question about mysql_real_escape_string()Keith C. Ivey4 Dec
  • Re: question about mysql_real_escape_string()iConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz4 Dec
    • Re: question about mysql_real_escape_string()Georg Richter5 Dec