List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Felipe Moreno - MAILING LISTS Date:December 3 2002 9:02pm
Subject:RES: SQL Select Idea
View as plain text
Hi Jim and others that tried to help me!
Thanks for any kind os answer.

   Well, the SQL command that you suggested don't work for me. Below, I will
show What I want and what I get if I use the select command you suggested:

1) What I have:

Table: processo_arquivos

_________________________
|Cod		| Date	|
-------------------------
|1		| 12/10	|
-------------------------
|2		| 13/10	|
-------------------------
|3		| 14/10	|
-------------------------
|4		| 15/10	|
-------------------------
|5		| 16/10	|
-------------------------

2) What I get is I use the SELECT * FROM processo_arquivos ORDER BY DATE
DESC LIMIT 0,3 (considering that I only want 3)

_________________________
|Cod		| Date	|
-------------------------
|5		| 16/10	|
-------------------------
|4		| 15/10	|
-------------------------
|3		| 14/10	|
-------------------------

3) The problem getting the result like this:

Since I have a link in the header of the tabel that make the ORDER BY work,
when I select de COD after the result above, I should get:

_________________________
|Cod		| Date	|
-------------------------
|3		| 14/10	|
-------------------------
|4		| 15/10	|
-------------------------
|5		| 16/10	|
-------------------------

but instead of the above I get:

_________________________
|Cod		| Date	|
-------------------------
|1		| 12/10	|
-------------------------
|2		| 13/10	|
-------------------------
|3		| 14/10	|

So, the problem is when I select a new ORDER BY I make the query in the
entire Table. What I want is to make the query only in the matched results.
I have a php page that starts with a default search (the ten dates). So,
what I really need ia an way to make a select without any "data" from the
DB. I tried to use de LAST_INDEX() function to do this but I didn't go
anywhere. Any ideas???

Best Regards,

Felipe