List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Julia Simmons Date:December 3 2002 12:24am
Subject:change the data directory
View as plain text
I have just installed the mysql binary on solaris 8.
I would like have the data go to a different directory than /local/mysql/data.
How do I get it to do that?

I tried starting it with the --datadir set, but that didn't work.
I tried setting datadir in the /etc/my.cnf file, but that didn't work.
I tried making /local/mysql/data a softlink to a different place, but
that didn't work.
I tried making /local/mysql/data/mysql a softlink to a different place, but
that didn't work.

Thanks!

Julia
Thread
change the data directoryJulia Simmons3 Dec
  • re: change the data directoryEgor Egorov3 Dec
re: change the data directoryJulia Simmons3 Dec
  • re: re: change the data directoryEgor Egorov4 Dec