List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan @ Common Ground . To Date:December 3 2002 12:04am
Subject:Blob accepts LongBlob without error
View as plain text
I have successfully inserted and retrieved binary image files within
MySQL.  No big deal.

However, for quite some time I was perplexed because only about half my
image was going through.

It seems that MySQL accepts insertion of a string into a BLOB field that
is longer than the maximum length of the BLOB data-type and it will
still accept it.

Perhaps MySQL should output an error or at least a warning to know the
string is too long.

Thanks much,

-Ryan Hatch

Thread
Blob accepts LongBlob without errorRyan @ Common Ground . To3 Dec
  • re: Blob accepts LongBlob without errorVictoria Reznichenko3 Dec
    • SQL Select IdeaFelipe Moreno - MAILING LISTS3 Dec
      • RE: SQL Select IdeaMike Hillyer3 Dec
      • RE: SQL Select IdeaJim Esten3 Dec
        • RES: SQL Select IdeaFelipe Moreno - MAILING LISTS3 Dec
          • Re: RES: SQL Select IdeaMichael T. Babcock4 Dec
            • RES: RES: SQL Select IdeaFelipe Moreno - MAILING LISTS4 Dec
              • Re: RES: RES: SQL Select IdeaMichael T. Babcock4 Dec
                • RES: RES: RES: SQL Select IdeaFelipe Moreno - MAILING LISTS5 Dec
        • RE: SQL Select IdeaJim Esten4 Dec
Re: Blob accepts LongBlob without errorJan Steinman3 Dec