List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 8 1999 11:36pm
Subject:Can't enter password in BATCH mode
View as plain text
>>>>> "Seth" == Seth Tager <sdt@stripped> writes:

Seth> I'm trying to run scripts in batch mode but I dont get a
Seth> chance to enter a password. Here's what I'm trying:

Seth> sdt: {3} % mysql -u root -p < scriptfile

Seth> As soon as I hit return I get the following output:

Seth> Enter password:
Seth> ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)
Seth> sdt: {4} %

Seth> It doesn't wait for me enter the password. Is there something I
Seth> can do to fix this?

The password is read from your scriptfile in this case.

The easiest way to fix this is to add your password in your my.cnf
file or use -ppassword (assuming you are alone on your machine).

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Can't enter password in BATCH modeSeth Tager8 Sep
  • Can't enter password in BATCH modeMichael Widenius9 Sep
Re: Can't enter password in BATCH modeSeth Tager9 Sep
Re: Can't enter password in BATCH modeSeth Tager9 Sep
  • Re: Can't enter password in BATCH modeThimble Smith9 Sep