List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Will K. Date:December 2 2002 2:02am
Subject:Cant Explain Error Message
View as plain text
Hello.

I am trying to create a table in one of my databases using textbook code,
but it is giving me an error message.  Here is how it reads:

mysql> create TABLE messages
    -> (
    -> id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
    -> forum int not null,
    -> author char(255) not null,
    -> subject char(255) not null,
    -> email char(255) not null,
    -> date datetime not null,
    -> ip char(255) not null,
    -> message text not null,
    -> thread_id not null
    -> )
    -> ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'not null
)' at line 11

I have tried a few different ways of rewriting the id line, like this for
instance:

id int not null primary key auto_increment,

But it still keeps giving the error message.  It's odd it's not working
because this is a textbook example.  Can anyone say what I might be doing
wrong?

Thanks.

Will

Cant Explain Error MessageWill K.2 Dec
  • Re: Cant Explain Error MessageDan Nelson2 Dec
Re: Cant Explain Error MessageWill K.2 Dec