List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David T-G Date:December 1 2002 10:59pm
Subject:Re: creating related tables
View as plain text

Peter, et al --

...and then Peter Brawley said...
%
% David,
%
% >From any client...
%     SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'version';
%     or
%     SELECT @@version;
% will show the version.

Ahhh...  Thanks!

Well, it looks like we're at 3.23.52.  Not all is lost, but I wonder why
the truncate worked...

%
% Search your my.cnf/ini for 'innodb'. If

This is another one...  I can't find a my.cnf file anywhere on this
FreeBSD 4.5 system!

I know [also from your other reply :-] that I can set various options in
my personal .my.cnf file...  Does that include innodb file paths and the
like, or is that only in the system-level file?

%     skip-innodb
% is not commented out, do so. If other innodb vars are commented out,
% uncomment them.

I'll leave the rest of these checks until I find the file...  Meanwhile,
here are some selections from a 'show variables;' that make me wonder
about our innodb status...

  Variable_name	Value

  bdb_home	/var/db/mysql/
  datadir	/var/db/mysql/
  have_bdb	YES
  have_innodb	DISABLED
  have_isam	YES
  innodb_additional_mem_pool_size	1048576
  innodb_buffer_pool_size	8388608
  innodb_data_file_path
  innodb_data_home_dir
  innodb_file_io_threads	4
  innodb_force_recovery	0
  innodb_thread_concurrency	8
  innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit	16777216
  innodb_fast_shutdown	ON
  innodb_flush_method
  innodb_lock_wait_timeout	50
  innodb_log_arch_dir
  innodb_log_archive	OFF
  innodb_log_buffer_size	1048576
  innodb_log_file_size	5242880
  innodb_log_files_in_group	2
  innodb_log_group_home_dir
  innodb_mirrored_log_groups	1
  transaction_isolation	READ-COMMITTED
  tmp_table_size	33554432
  tmpdir	/var/tmp/
  version	3.23.52

How does it look, Doc?  Will I ever play the violin?

%
% PB

Thanks & HAND

mysql query,
:-D
- --
(play) davidtg@stripped * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) davidtgwork@stripped  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"

Thread
creating related tablesDavid T-G1 Dec
  • Re: creating related tablesDavid T-G1 Dec
  • Re: creating related tablesPeter Brawley1 Dec
    • Re: creating related tablesDavid T-G1 Dec
    • Re: creating related tablesDavid T-G1 Dec
  • Re: creating related tablesPeter Brawley1 Dec
    • Re: creating related tablesDavid T-G1 Dec
  • Re: creating related tablesPeter Brawley1 Dec
  • Re: creating related tablesPeter Brawley2 Dec
    • Re: creating related tablesDavid T-G2 Dec