List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 8 1999 7:13pm
Subject:Re: moving database--having trouble with mysqldump
View as plain text
Paul DuBois wrote:

> At 9:07 AM -0500 8/24/99, mwkohout wrote:
> >I've been trying to move one of my databases to another server, but I've
> >been having trouble with mysqldump.  I've looked at it's pages in the
> >mysql manual, but it hasn't cleared up my question.  I've tried
> >
> >mysqldump --opt database_name >textfile
> >
> >and that really didn't seem to do anything, it only output the server
> >info...  any help or info on dumping a database, along with all of it's
> >tables and data(not much data, but enough to make it worth trying to
> >move that over as well) would be really cool...
>
> What do you mean by "server info"?  Sounds like you might just be
> getting the help message that's displayed if you invoke mysqldump
> incorrectly.
>
> --
> Paul DuBois, paul@stripped

Hi mwkohout

Seems you have an old mysqldump client.
The --opt option was just introduced lately.
Try:
mysqldump --quick --complete-insert --all database_name >textfile

Or get newer mysql clients (seperate downloadable).

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.

Thread
moving database--having trouble with mysqldumpmwkohout24 Aug
  • Re: moving database--having trouble with mysqldumpPaul DuBois24 Aug
  • Re: moving database--having trouble with mysqldumpChristian Mack8 Sep