List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Demon Energis Date:March 13 1999 5:44am
Subject: 'Access Denied' for MySQL on win98
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm trying to install MySQL version 3.21.29a-gamma-debug (the
win32 shareware version) onto my PC running Win98 and MS PWS.

When I type mysql or mysqld at the DOS prompt my modem dials up
the internet.  Once connected I disconnect and then carry on
typing commands at the DOS prompt.

If I type mysql I get:

"Welcome to the MySQL Monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 3 to server version
3.21.29a-gamma-debug"

But if I try to, for example, create a database called tony, I
get:
"ERROR 1044: Acces Denied for user: '@unknown' to database 'tony'
"

I probably should have given up by now but I really want to get
it to work.  If anyone can spare the time to help I would be one
very grateful newbie.

Tony Marshall
tony@stripped
www.greyrock.co.uk

Thread
'Access Denied' for MySQL on win98Demon Energis13 Mar
  • 'Access Denied' for MySQL on win98Michael Widenius15 Mar