List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:November 26 2002 6:31pm
Subject:Re: Perl scripts to run concurrent commands on MySQL
View as plain text
Geetika Tewari wrote:

>Does anyone please have any Perl scripts to execute concurrent
>SELECT commands on MySQL?  Any scripts that do not use fancy libraries
>would help. Please help. Thanks.

Read up on 'fork' and make yourself a "fork_do_query" function of some
form so you can call:

my $results1;
my pid1 = fork_do_query("SELECT * FROM Cust", $results1);
my $results2;
my pid2 = fork_do_query("SELECT * FROM Cust", $results2);

... (wait for pid1, pid2) ...
... (use results) ...

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.

Thread
Perl scripts to run concurrent commands on MySQLGeetika Tewari26 Nov
  • Re: Perl scripts to run concurrent commands on MySQLMichael T. Babcock26 Nov
  • Re: Perl scripts to run concurrent commands on MySQLRodney Broom26 Nov