List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:twig les Date:November 26 2002 5:39pm
Subject:Connecting via 127.0.0.1 (was Need to force Mysql to use port, NOT socket)
View as plain text
In this episode I figured out that the problem is not
stunnel or the remote connection.  I simply cant log
in with the command:

mysql -u root -h 127.0.0.1 -p

I just get a connection refused message.  There should
be a trick here that I'm missing if history is a
lesson, but I'm a noob to mysql.  Anyone know it?  I
can't use my other mere mortal account to log in
either although both work fine if I say:

mysql -u root -h localhost -p

=====