List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 8 1999 4:08pm
Subject:Re: Substring SELECTs
View as plain text
Richard Whittaker wrote:

> Greetings all:
>
> I'll admit it, my brain must be mushy, but for the life of me I can't see
> or figure out what to do to get a substing select to work, for example:
>
> User enters a the string "blah" to do a search..
>
> The behaviour I'm looking for is to have anything within selected column
> that has the string "blah" in it to be marked and retreived... Is this as
> simple as I think it should be?...
>
> Thanks,
> Richard W

Hi Richard

Do you search for something like:
SELECT id , content FROM text_table WHERE content LIKE '%blah%'

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.

Thread
Substring SELECTsRichard Whittaker17 Aug
  • Re: Substring SELECTsPaul DuBois17 Aug
  • Re: Substring SELECTsaaron abelard17 Aug
  • Re: Substring SELECTsChristian Mack8 Sep