List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:twig les Date:November 25 2002 8:40pm
Subject:Need to force Mysql to use port, NOT socket
View as plain text
Hey all, I'm having a painful time trying to get
stunnel and mysql to play together.  My mysql works
fine locally and remotely until I add stunnel.  After
chasing my tail for a week (and drinking a lot on the
weekend) I realized that Mysql is trying to open a
socket on the server machine instead of using the TCP
port like stunnel needs it to.  Is there a way to
force Mysql to use the TCP port and not the socket?

Many more details are available if required but the
crux of it is I need to tell Mysql to use the port.
I've done multiple googles, list archive searches,
posted to stunnel's list and tried everything I can
think of myself.  Please help someone who's not as
smart as the average bear.

=====