List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 8 1999 12:20pm
Subject:libmysqlclient.a shared library error
View as plain text
>>>>> "URIEL" == URIEL PEREZ <URIEL_PEREZ@stripped>
> writes:

URIEL>      I get a link error when trying to install the mysql dbd perl modules
URIEL>      on HP-UX 10.20

URIEL>      The error reads as follows:

URIEL>      ld: DP relative code in file
URIEL>      /tmp/mysql-3.21.33b/client/libmysqlclient.a(libmysql.o) - shared
URIEL>      library must be position independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.

URIEL>      I tried to compile the dbd files with the gcc compiler because the
URIEL>      libmysqlclient.a was composed using gcc but I was unsuccessful.

Hi!

Fix; Add CFLAGS=-fpic to your MySQL configure line and try again:

CFLAGS=-fpic ./configure --without-server

Regards,
Monty
Thread
libmysqlclient.a shared library errorURIEL_PEREZ7 Sep
  • libmysqlclient.a shared library errorMichael Widenius8 Sep