List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gil Date:March 31 1999 11:20pm
Subject:remote connection via MySQL
View as plain text
Hi,

I have used DBI/DBD/MySQL for sometime now, but have never connected to
a remote server running MySQL. In my first attempt to do so, I tried
this:

use strict;
use DBI;
my $datasource  = 'DBI:mysql:test_db:host.truepath.com';
my $user = 'aaa'; ## not the real one
my $password = 'aaa'; ## not the real one
$dbh = DBI->connect($datasource,$user,$sqlpassword) or die 'Connect';

I am dying on connect, but don't know why. I think I need a unix port
number, but don't know how to go about assigning a port number to the
MySQL daemon.

I'm running RedHat Linux 2.0.35/DBI 0.80?/DBD 2.0091

Any help would be appreciated.

in His grip,
Gil
http://www.truepath.com