List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 8 1999 12:56pm
Subject:Re: sparc linux, rh6.0
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Garvas <jeff@stripped> writes:

Jeff> Chris,

Jeff> yes we've read the manual a lot here.

Jeff> - The HAVE-READDIR_R issue is something you look into "after configuring",
Jeff> but I cant' get configure to run.

Jeff> The other issue is about patching your sparclinux kernel.  My kernel is
Jeff> well beyond that kernel version.

Jeff> The last thing is using LinuxThreads 0.6 "or newer".  We're using
Jeff> LinuxThreads 0.7.

Jeff> We appear to be complying with everything, but I've run into problem after
Jeff> problem.

Jeff> Currently we can't get past why "configure" is crashing at the char test
Jeff> with a length of zero.

Hi!

Check the config.log file;  This should include the reason for this.

If not, put an 'exit' in configure where the char test is done and
check why the test program that is supposed to calculate
'sizeof(char)' doesn't work?  (There is probably some problem with
compiling it and this usually means that your compiler is not
correctly set up)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas7 Sep
Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep
  • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Michael Widenius8 Sep
    • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep
      • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Michael Widenius8 Sep
        • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep
      • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0sinisa9 Sep
Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep