List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 8 1999 12:35pm
Subject:Re: Can't run isamchk at all.
View as plain text

>> I tried it, but below is what I got (the same as before).
>> Strange.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> root /www/mysql/dstack>isamchk -v items.ism
>> Can't find '=' in expression '-v' to option -O
>> isamchk  Ver 5.10 for pc-linux-gnu at i686

Joshua> Dave,

Joshua> Check your aliases... might your isamchk be
Joshua> aliased to isamchk -O for some reason ?

prompt> alias

Joshua> ... should tell you.

Joshua> I get the same output with the -O option that you do:

prompt> /mysql/bin/isamchk.exe -O -v /mysql/data/link/spiders.ism
Joshua> Can't find '=' in expression '-v' to option -O
Joshua> /mysql/bin/isamchk.exe  Ver 5.10 for Win95/Win98 at i586

Joshua> Otherwise, I would agree that your isamchk is hosed,
Joshua> and you might want to consider rebuilding your binaries
Joshua> from scratch.

hi!

Another possibility is that you have a wrong my.cnf file somewhere.

Please try the following command:

isamchk --print-defaults

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Can't run isamchk at all.David Stack7 Sep
  • Re: Can't run isamchk at all.Joshua Chamas7 Sep
  • why DEFAULT '' when I want not nullPeter J. Schoenster8 Sep
    • Re: why DEFAULT '' when I want not nullPaul DuBois8 Sep
Re: Can't run isamchk at all.Joshua Chamas8 Sep
  • Re: Can't run isamchk at all.Michael Widenius8 Sep
Re: Can't run isamchk at all.Joshua Chamas8 Sep