List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 19 2002 4:35pm
Subject:Re: fulltext, trying to index 2 character words
View as plain text
At 16:22 +0100 11/19/02, Thomas Spahni wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Kevin Lewandowski wrote:
>
>>  I'm using mysql fulltext indexes and want them to see words of 2 or
>>  more characters, and no stopwords. I've edited the appropriate files
>>  (ftdefs.h, ft_static.c), then recompile, install, restart mysql,
>>  rebuild indexes, and there is no change. It still uses a minimum of 4
>>  characters). I'm using mysql 3.23.52-max. Am I missing something? Can
>>  anyone help?
>
>Kevin,
>
>have you got something like:
>
>  set-variable    = ft_min_word_len=4
>
>in your /etc/my.cnf? Change that to '2'.
>
>And did you rebuild the ft-index?
>
>Thomas

The reason he's messing with the source is tthat he's using 3.23.x,
which doesn't support dynamic FULLTEXT parameters in option files.
Thread
fulltext, trying to index 2 character wordsKevin Lewandowski19 Nov
  • Re: fulltext, trying to index 2 character wordsThomas Spahni19 Nov
    • Re: fulltext, trying to index 2 character wordsPaul DuBois19 Nov
    • Re: fulltext, trying to index 2 character wordsKevin Lewandowski19 Nov
  • Re: fulltext, trying to index 2 character wordsSergei Golubchik20 Nov
    • Re: fulltext, trying to index 2 character wordsKevin Lewandowski20 Nov
      • Re: fulltext, trying to index 2 character wordsThomas Spahni21 Nov
        • Re: fulltext, trying to index 2 character wordsBrent Baisley21 Nov
RE: fulltext, trying to index 2 character wordsErlend Hopsø Strømsvik21 Nov