List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg Macek Date:November 18 2002 5:10pm
Subject:Re: Disappearing records?
View as plain text
I'll look into the code on the PHP side (since I wrote that too). Maybe
it is something I did. :)

I may avoid repairing the tables for now, since the missing records have
already been re-entered and I don't want to risk anything being
duplicated at this point. Perhaps I'll drop all the indexes for now and
keep a watch on things. The table is still small (< 5000 records) so
reporting speed isn't too much of a problem right now.

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 10:52, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Nov 18), Greg Macek said:
> > That's the weird part of it. Last week in reviewing the system,
> > making sure reports were working I can personally verify his stuff
> > was in there (not even logged on as him). This week: nothing. Is
> > there any record of 3.23.49 ever having random data loss issues?
> > Related to something else on the system?
>
> Even if there was dataloss, how could you explain not seeing the
> entries in the mysql log?  I think in this case the query never made it
> to mysql.  You can always try doing a "repair table" in case the index
> got damaged.  Also check your log to see if the record was manually
> deleted.
>
> --
> 	Dan Nelson
> 	dnelson@stripped

Thread
Disappearing records?Greg Macek18 Nov
  • Re: Disappearing records?Dan Nelson18 Nov
    • Re: Disappearing records?Greg Macek18 Nov
      • Re: Disappearing records?Dan Nelson18 Nov
        • Re: Disappearing records?Greg Macek18 Nov
  • Re: Disappearing records?Michael T. Babcock18 Nov
RE: Disappearing records?Andrew Braithwaite18 Nov