List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg Macek Date:November 18 2002 4:45pm
Subject:Re: Disappearing records?
View as plain text
That's the weird part of it. Last week in reviewing the system, making
sure reports were working I can personally verify his stuff was in there
(not even logged on as him). This week: nothing. Is there any record of
3.23.49 ever having random data loss issues? Related to something else
on the system?

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 10:37, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Nov 18), Greg Macek said:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a problem that I could use some help with. We're running a
> > mysql/php intranet site for time sheets (home grown solution). However
> > from time to time a user will tell me hours from the previous week are
> > just "gone". I go to look and sure enough, no hours have been entered. I
> > have not been bitten by this bug (yet), but I have never encountered
> > this problem with any other databases that exist on this very same box.
> > I have mysql logging enabled and cannot even find existence of these
> > records being inserted into the database at all.
>
> If you have no record of the records having been entered, maybe the
> user never entered them?  Or could there have been a problem with the
> frontend program that kept it from submitting the data?
>
> --
> 	Dan Nelson
> 	dnelson@stripped

Thread
Disappearing records?Greg Macek18 Nov
  • Re: Disappearing records?Dan Nelson18 Nov
    • Re: Disappearing records?Greg Macek18 Nov
      • Re: Disappearing records?Dan Nelson18 Nov
        • Re: Disappearing records?Greg Macek18 Nov
  • Re: Disappearing records?Michael T. Babcock18 Nov
RE: Disappearing records?Andrew Braithwaite18 Nov