List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 7 1999 4:37pm
Subject:Re: GET OPTION corresponding to SET OPTION?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Ramsch <m.ramsch@stripped> writes:

Martin> On Fri, 1999-09-03 17:59:30 -0700, Peter Granger wrote:
>> (1) read and store the option
>> (2) enable SQL_BIG_FILES
>> (3) perform a query
>> (4) return the option to its previous state
>>
>> Steps 2 and 3 are easy. 4 would also be easy, if I could find a way
>> of doing step 1. Suggestions?

Martin> I didn't check it, but does SHOW STATUS or SHOW VARIABLES give you the
Martin> needed information?

Hi!

You can always use 'SET SQL_BIG_FILES=0' after you query.

Another option is to use (until you upgrade to 3.23)

SELECT /*! SET SQL_BIG_FILES=1 */ ....

Regards,
Monty
Thread
GET OPTION corresponding to SET OPTION?Peter Granger4 Sep
  • Re: GET OPTION corresponding to SET OPTION?Martin Ramsch4 Sep
    • Re: GET OPTION corresponding to SET OPTION?Michael Widenius8 Sep
RE: GET OPTION corresponding to SET OPTION?Peter Granger8 Sep