List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 7 1999 8:34pm
Subject:Re: my_sigwait causing compile problems on BSD/Os 4.0.1
View as plain text

System> On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 10:54:37AM +0300, Jani Tolonen wrote:
>> System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem writes:
>> > Right, does ANYONE know about my_sigwait/sigwait
>> > compile problems?  I am getting then In mysql 3.22.25 and 3.23.
>> >

>> Hi,
>>
>> Please see 'FreeBSD-3.0 notes' from the manual, proceed according to
>> instructions and report back, if you are still having problems. Never
>> mind about *-3.0* in the headline.  FreeBSD 4 is quite new, we don't
>> have much information about that platform yet, but seems as 'sigwait'
>> problem still exists there.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> - Jani

System> NOTE: I said BSDI NOT FreeBSD.

Hi!

MySQL is known to work on BSDI 4.0;  The problem is that we don't have
access to a BSDI 4.0.1 system that we can use to test and fix the
above!

In principle include/my_pthread.h should be able to fix the SIGWAIT
problem;  You may however have to set some define in config.h to tell
my_pthread.h how sigwait is defined.

Does sigwait() take one or two arguments on BSDI 4.0?  If it only
takes one argument, you can try the following:

CFLAGS=-DHAVE_NONPOSIX_SIGWAIT CXXFLAGS=-DHAVE_NONPOSIX_SIGWAIT
./configure

If it takes 2 arguments, you have to check how to enable this mode and
why configure only detects the one element version.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
PHP, mySQL and HTML formsScott Weeks5 Sep
  • my_sigwait causing compile problems on BSD/Os 4.0.1System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem6 Sep
    • my_sigwait causing compile problems on BSD/Os 4.0.1Jani Tolonen7 Sep
      • Re: my_sigwait causing compile problems on BSD/Os 4.0.1System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem7 Sep
        • Re: my_sigwait causing compile problems on BSD/Os 4.0.1Michael Widenius8 Sep
      • Re: my_sigwait causing compile problems on BSD/Os 4.0.1Vivek Khera7 Sep
Re:PHP, mySQL and HTML formsmke2fs5 Sep
Re: PHP, mySQL and HTML formsMagnus Hammar6 Sep