List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 7 1999 9:29pm
Subject:FreeDSD install
View as plain text
>>>>> "kenford" == kenford  <kenford@stripped> writes:

kenford> mysql-3.21.33b
kenford> FreeBSD 4.4

kenford> when I do a ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql I get two errors
kenford> 1. getconf: not found
kenford> 2. configure: error: System type i386-unknown-freebsd3.2 not recognized
kenford> or not supported.

Hi!

First get the current stable MySQL release: 3.22.25!

When 3.21.33b was released FreeBSD 4.x wasn't available so it's could
explain why config.guess doesn't detect your system.

Regards,
Monty

PS: If you have problems, you can always buy MySQL extended support and we
    will log in and install MySQL on your machine.  This should beat the
    option that you have to go to the store, buy a product and install it
    yourself :)
Thread
FreeDSD installkenford7 Sep
  • Re: FreeDSD installDan Nelson7 Sep