List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Phillip Rhodes Date:November 13 2002 4:59am
Subject:support table synonyms?
View as plain text
I can not find anywhere that says that mysql supports table name synonyms.

For example, I have two databases (test1 and test2) in the same mysql instance.

In test1 schema, there is a table called "table1"

I would like to create a synonym whereby I could refer to test1.table1 as
test2.table1 where test2.table1 does not exist.

I could do this in oracle as ..
create public synonym table1 as test1.table1;

Thanks!

Thread
support table synonyms?Phillip Rhodes13 Nov
  • Re: support table synonyms?R. Hannes Niedner13 Nov
  • Re: support table synonyms?Dan Nelson13 Nov
  • Re: support table synonyms?Peter Brawley13 Nov