List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 12 2002 10:56pm
Subject:Re: Windows cnf file location
View as plain text
At 20:51 +0000 11/12/02, Jannie Qu wrote:
>Hi, John,
>
>my.cnf is used as config file on windows. By default it is at, e.g. c:\winnt
>your boot system directory.

Not quite.

In the Windows system directory, the filename is my.ini.
In C:\, the filename is my.cnf.
In the MySQL data directory, the filename is my.cnf.

That is also the order in which MySQL programs look for option (config)
files.

Thread
Windows cnf file locationJohn Chang12 Nov
  • Re: Windows cnf file locationIikka Meriläinen12 Nov
    • Re: Windows cnf file locationJohn Chang12 Nov
      • Re: Windows cnf file locationIikka Meriläinen13 Nov
  • Re: Windows cnf file locationPeter Brawley12 Nov
Re: Windows cnf file locationJannie Qu12 Nov
  • Re: Windows cnf file locationPaul DuBois12 Nov