List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 31 1999 8:07pm
Subject:Re: [Shouldn't the hostname be given in the log file?]
View as plain text
>>>>> "Seth" == Seth Chaiklin <seth@stripped> writes:

Seth> On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Michael Widenius wrote:

>> Yes, the above is probably because of an glibc/libc conflict.  In
>> the above case, the remote host can only be validated based on the
>> ip.  MySQL 3.22.21 will in the above case log the ip number instead
>> of
Seth> ^^ I could only find 20a on the ftp site.
>> the host name!

Seth> So this means that there WAS a problem, and that soon there will
Seth> be a version that will log the IP number?

There is only a problem in the hostname resolve when there is a
library conflict;  I have tried to patch this to work even better than
before but as I can't test this myself, I can't be 100 % sure that
this is now fixed.

The correct procedure in your case is however to compile the source
distribution. Normally this is quite easy!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
[Shouldn't the hostname be given in the log file?]seth31 Mar
  • Re: [Shouldn't the hostname be given in the log file?]Sasha Pachev31 Mar
    • Re: [Shouldn't the hostname be given in the log file?]Seth Chaiklin31 Mar
    • Re: [Shouldn't the hostname be given in the log file?]Michael Widenius31 Mar