List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:March 31 1999 5:30pm
Subject:Re: ...
View as plain text
On Wed, Mar 31 at 04:42:27PM, Cristina Durana Chambre de Sá Moita wrote:
> Is there a way to use load data infile ... (I just have seen in
> the manual!!!!) to load a column of a table, instead of the all
> table???

Cristina, if you're on a decent OS you should be able to combine
a couple of tools to get the job done.  For example, if you have
perl installed you can use perl to select only the column of data
that you want, and then pipe it into mysqlimport.  I think that
would work....

Another option is to convert the data you have into UPDATE
statements (again, using sed or perl), and pipe that through the
'mysql' client program.  You have to be careful to escape special
characters in the data, though, if you do this.

Tim
Thread
...Cristina Durana Chambre de Sá Moita31 Mar
Re: ...Eric Berg31 Mar
Re: ...Thimble Smith31 Mar
Re: ...Fred Read6 Apr