List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Blazer Date:November 11 2002 4:15pm
Subject:Re: replicate-do-table and related
View as plain text
Dicky Wahyu Purnomo wrote>

> on master you need to define which databases will be created in binlog file.
> (--binlog-do-db=<dbname>)

Thanks for you reply, but this does not help. Again - I see in slaves
relay-bin.001 that slave had replicated the query, but the table was not
changed

> to check this configuration ...
> watch the size of binlog file, every time you do "insert" queries ... should be
> increasing, if not so the problem is in master configuration.

Yes, it is increasing. And I see that relay-bin grows by 28 binary bytes
+ dbname + ASCII(00) + nonmodified query itself

> and slave will read that file, and depends on your slave configuration which tables
> you'll only want to replicate the query.
> (--replicate-do-table=<dbname>.<tablename>)
>
> check also your master.info file
>
> to check this configuration ...
> watch the hostname.err file at slave, and compare the
> "show slave status" run from slave server with "show master status" run from master
> server

Yes, slave status shows exactly the same position as master status.
It's something in the slave routine...

I checked not only --replicate-do-table=db.tab but also
--replicate-wild-do-table=%.tab and
--replicate-wild-do-table=%.%

none of these update the slave's tables.

Thanks.
--
Mike Blazer