List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 31 1999 5:22pm
Subject:Re: How to UPDATE from field in other table
View as plain text
Eric Berg wrote:

> I'm trying to update a field in tableA to a value in a field in tableB based
> on a common key.  I get "ERROR 1109: Unknown table 'tableB' in field list"
> errors each time.
>
> update tableA
> set somefield=tableB.otherfield
> where tableA.keyfield=tableB.keyfield;
>
> How do I work around this?
>
> -Eric.

Hi Eric

The above is illegal SQL, because UPDATE uses only one table.

Try the REPLACE ... SELECT ... syntax.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
How to UPDATE from field in other tableEric Berg31 Mar
  • Re: How to UPDATE from field in other tableChristian Mack31 Mar
    • Re: How to UPDATE from field in other tableEric Berg1 Apr
  • Re: How to UPDATE from field in other tableSasha Pachev1 Apr
    • Re: How to UPDATE from field in other tableEric Berg1 Apr
Re: How to UPDATE from field in other tableEric Berg1 Apr
  • Re: How to UPDATE from field in other tableThimble Smith1 Apr