List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:November 11 2002 1:06am
Subject:Re: PHP, ASP
View as plain text
Van wrote:

>ASP only runs on Windows.

This is not actually true; ASP will work with Chilisoft's ASP software
for Apache.  It is commercial and closed-source and I don't recommend
using ASP, but this will allow it to run on Linux at least (and perhaps
BSD's as well?)

>Windows2000 and beyond mandate the Supplemental EULA
>(as of SP3 on Win2K) that grants M$ blanket authority to modify your machine in any
> way M$ sees fit.

This is almost FUD; this license only applies to users who decide to use
the automatic update software (which you do not have to use) and MS has
software for enterprises to use that allows for manual distribution of
patches and updates instead of using the (designed-for-home-users)
auto-update feature.

PS, I'd prefer to do all my DB coding in Python, given the option, but I
spend a lot of it writing in C++ nonetheless.

SQL.

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.