List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Phil Straw Date:November 10 2002 9:03pm
Subject:Re: PHP bias
View as plain text
My experience of MySQL is very recent. I only started using it a few weeks
ago. I got great support from the list (Thanks !) when I had an initial
problem specific to MySQL VARCHAR....and it's not just Perl and PHP that
work. After I had my database created in the command line I downloaded the
JDBC drivers and had Java working with the database in about 20 minute....it
just worked.

Now I'm off to rip out a commercial database (O***le) and replace it with
MySQL.

I also just got a copy of MySQLManager (EMS). That makes things very easy.

FYI, I am independent, I am not affiliated at all with any company but my
own.
P/.

On 11/9/02 11:31 PM, "Georg Richter" <georg@stripped> wrote:

> On Sunday 10 November 2002 14:12, Robert Macwange wrote:
>
>> PHP is an inferior language. Deal with perl instead.
>
> Looks like you're not very familar with the spirit of Open Source:
>
> Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby etc. are very excellent languages. They all have
> benefits and of course some disadvantages. But this competition helps each
> one to improve and become more popular.
>
> The same with MySQL, Postgres, SleepyCat, ... etc.
>
> There is no better or inferior: Just define your needs and choose whats the
> best for you.
>
> Regards
>
> Georg

PHP biasRobert Macwange10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
    • RE: PHP biasJohn Meyer10 Nov
    • Re: PHP biasandy thomas10 Nov
      • Re: PHP biasJeremy Zawodny10 Nov
      • Re: PHP biasPaul DuBois10 Nov
        • Re: PHP biasR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
        • Re: PHP biasR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
      • Re: PHP biasOctavian Rasnita10 Nov
      • Re: PHP bias (Way OT)Van10 Nov
        • RE: PHP bias (Way OT)Alan McDonald10 Nov
          • Re: PHP bias (Way OT)Van10 Nov
            • RE: PHP bias (Way OT)Dan Rossi10 Nov
          • RE: PHP bias (Way OT)Dan Rossi10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasJeremy Zawodny10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasGeorg Richter10 Nov
    • Re: PHP bias Stop feeding the trollR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
    • Re: PHP biasPhil Straw10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasVan10 Nov
Re: PHP bias (Way OT)Jan Steinman11 Nov