List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:November 10 2002 9:01pm
Subject:Re: PHP bias (Way OT)
View as plain text
Alan:

ASP only runs on Windows.  Windows2000 and beyond mandate the Supplemental EULA
(as of SP3 on Win2K) that grants M$ blanket authority to modify your machine in
any way M$ sees fit.

For this reason (because you no longer have full control over your machine) you
can't do the following:
C3 Security Certification;
HIPAA Compliance;

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/02/09/16/020916opwinman.xml

If your OS can't be certified, clearly your applications can't either.
Designing using Windows or anything that touches it is flawed.

Don't flame me; I already admitted it's OT.  But, since the DOJ and the current
administration refuse to enforce the law on M$, someone must.  Hopefully, you
guys across the drink can assist us coders in the U.S. to rid the planet of this
useless software company before there's no longer any reason to code...

Regards,
Van

sql,query
Linux rocks!!!   http://www.dedserius.com/
Alan McDonald wrote:

> I agree mostly,... but why is ASP worthless?
> Alan

Thread
PHP biasRobert Macwange10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
    • RE: PHP biasJohn Meyer10 Nov
    • Re: PHP biasandy thomas10 Nov
      • Re: PHP biasJeremy Zawodny10 Nov
      • Re: PHP biasPaul DuBois10 Nov
        • Re: PHP biasR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
        • Re: PHP biasR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
      • Re: PHP biasOctavian Rasnita10 Nov
      • Re: PHP bias (Way OT)Van10 Nov
        • RE: PHP bias (Way OT)Alan McDonald10 Nov
          • Re: PHP bias (Way OT)Van10 Nov
            • RE: PHP bias (Way OT)Dan Rossi10 Nov
          • RE: PHP bias (Way OT)Dan Rossi10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasJeremy Zawodny10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasGeorg Richter10 Nov
    • Re: PHP bias Stop feeding the trollR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
    • Re: PHP biasPhil Straw10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasVan10 Nov
Re: PHP bias (Way OT)Jan Steinman11 Nov