List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:A. J. Maclean Date:November 10 2002 11:16am
Subject:one word fulltext matching problem...
View as plain text
I have a query like this:

SELECT * FROM bc_posts WHERE MATCH (post_city, post_location, post_details,
post_message) AGAINST ('webster');

I get the results as follows:

webster hall
webster
webster hall club

How come the exact match (i.e. "webster") does not get a higher relevance?
I remember seeing some kind of workaround for this problem, but I can not
for the life of me find it anymore!!

TIA,

AJ

Thread
one word fulltext matching problem...A. J. Maclean10 Nov
  • Re: one word fulltext matching problem...Octavian Rasnita10 Nov
Re: one word fulltext matching problem...Jan Steinman11 Nov
  • RE: one word fulltext matching problem...A. J. Maclean11 Nov
  • Re: one word fulltext matching problem...Bjorn Palsson11 Nov