List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:R. Hannes Niedner Date:November 10 2002 7:17am
Subject:Re: PHP bias
View as plain text
On 11/9/02 11:04 PM, "Paul DuBois" <paul@stripped> wrote:

> I agree.  It's really a drag that you can't use databases very well from
> within Perl very easily.  I wish that someone would invent a database
> inferface for Perl.  And it'd be really cool if they'd do it in such
> a way that the general interface was portable, so that you could plug
> in drivers for particular database engines like MySQL or PostgreSQL or
> Oracle or Informix or even flat-file formats like CSV.  And then it'd
> be neat if someone would invent Perl modules to that would use this
> database interface so that you could do things like transfer data in
> and out of databases to send information to and from entities like
> XML documents or Excel spreadsheets.
>
> Man!  The more I think about it, the more of a bummer it is that
> you just can't do this stuff from Perl.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Though I think it is not really necessary - for anyone not getting it:
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735710546/ref%3Dcm%5Fbg%5Fd/002-226
0661-0130404>

/h

Thread
PHP biasRobert Macwange10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
    • RE: PHP biasJohn Meyer10 Nov
    • Re: PHP biasandy thomas10 Nov
      • Re: PHP biasJeremy Zawodny10 Nov
      • Re: PHP biasPaul DuBois10 Nov
        • Re: PHP biasR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
        • Re: PHP biasR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
      • Re: PHP biasOctavian Rasnita10 Nov
      • Re: PHP bias (Way OT)Van10 Nov
        • RE: PHP bias (Way OT)Alan McDonald10 Nov
          • Re: PHP bias (Way OT)Van10 Nov
            • RE: PHP bias (Way OT)Dan Rossi10 Nov
          • RE: PHP bias (Way OT)Dan Rossi10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasJeremy Zawodny10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasGeorg Richter10 Nov
    • Re: PHP bias Stop feeding the trollR. Hannes Niedner10 Nov
    • Re: PHP biasPhil Straw10 Nov
  • Re: PHP biasVan10 Nov
Re: PHP bias (Way OT)Jan Steinman11 Nov