List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 31 1999 4:44pm
Subject:Re: Binary Distribution Question
View as plain text
David Mifsud wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I need to get MySQL installed on an SGI-IRIX 6.4 account, and therefore
> downloaded the binary. Is it possible to pass some paraments or something
> such that the binaries do not expect to find the files at
>   /usr/local/bin
>
> without having to recompile everything myself??
>
> dave
> --
> David Mifsud

Hi David

Sure you can.

You only have to give the option '--basedir=/where/your/bin/is' to mysqld on startup.
You also can change the directory where your database data is with '--datadir=/...'

To get these changes automaticly, you can edit your script 'mysql.server' or you can add
the my.cnf.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Editing Command Line HistoryRalph Alberti30 Mar
  • Re: Editing Command Line HistoryDavid Mifsud30 Mar
  • Re: Editing Command Line HistoryChristian Mack30 Mar
  • Binary Distribution QuestionDavid Mifsud31 Mar
  • Re: Binary Distribution QuestionChristian Mack31 Mar