List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 8 2002 9:56pm
Subject:Re: Question regarding nested select
View as plain text
At 11:25 -0800 11/8/02, eguzman@stripped wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Does version 2.23.52 supports the use of nested select?

There is no such version.  I assume you mean 3.23.52?  Queries
such as you show below are not supported until 4.1.

>I want to write a query based on a group where I do a count of something for
>each group. In SQL Server 7 it would look something like this,
>
>select
>a.department
>,(select count(*) from empdb where gender='m' and department=a.department)
>as male
>,(select count(*) from empdb where gender='f' and department=a.department)
>as female
>
>from empdb a
>group by department
>

>Thanks,
>Eladio

Thread
Question regarding nested selecteguzman8 Nov
  • Re: Question regarding nested selectPaul DuBois8 Nov
  • Re: Question regarding nested selectHarald Fuchs9 Nov
    • Re: Question regarding nested selectJohn Ragan10 Nov