List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 31 1999 3:48pm
Subject:Re: Help with Mysql and JDBC
View as plain text
Jiho Han wrote:

> I am using mm driver to connect to the MySQL
> Oh and mysqld is running on Windows NT machine.
>
> When I run mysql clients(dist) and also native admin clients, I don't
> seem to have any trouble connecting to the DB.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> thanks
>
> The following is the connect statement:
>
> conn =
> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://www.yourdomain.com:3306/" + db
> + "?user=pmill&password=welcome");

Hi Jiho

This perhaps sounds stupid, but did you give the mysql server domain (the one of the NT
machines mysqld is running on) instead of www.yourdomain.com ?

Did you run the above program on geosphere.mt.att.com or on unica.mt.att.com?
If not, then you have to increase your user table with another entry.

Which version of mm did you use?
There was an older one which used ';' instead of '?' (sorry don't know the exact version
right now).

Hope this helps
Christian

Thread
Help with Mysql and JDBCJiho Han31 Mar
  • Re: Help with Mysql and JDBCChristian Mack31 Mar