List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:November 7 2002 9:48pm
Subject:Re: Key/table cache size?
View as plain text
Grigor, Peter wrote:

>If you are using a version of MySql that has the query cache you can turn it
>on and those queries will run very fast after the initial query. The query
>cache is cleared whenever the underlying table(s) are modified so you'll get
>the initial time hit again after modification...but if your table contents
>don't change much the query cache will make a BIG difference.

Unfortunately, they change a lot more often than I run the queries; its
a mostly-update table for storing intrusion detection information.

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.

Thread
Key/table cache size?Michael T. Babcock7 Nov
  • Re: Key/table cache size?Dan Nelson7 Nov
  • Re: Key/table cache size?Michael T. Babcock7 Nov
  • Re: Key/table cache size?Jeremy Zawodny7 Nov
RE: Key/table cache size?Peter Grigor7 Nov
  • Re: Key/table cache size?Michael T. Babcock7 Nov