List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 7 2002 8:29pm
Subject:Re: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.
View as plain text
At 11:14 -0800 11/7/02, Steven Webb wrote:
>On that page, it says:
>
>"You can't connect to the embedded server from an
>outside process with sockets or TCP/IP."
>
>... not the other way around, which is what I'm trying
>to do.  I'm trying to connect to another (remote)
>server from the same app as is using an embedded
>server.  It doesn't say anything about the client-side
>TCP being disabled in the mysqld lib, just the
>server-side.
>
>This is still unclear to me since they specificially
>went out of their way to mention that the server-side
>TCP stuff was diabled, am I to just assume that the
>client-side stuff is also disabled?

The client library calls are replaced with (or mapped
onto, if you will) calls that talk to the embedded server.

Thread
using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Steven Webb28 Oct
  • Re: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Steven Webb5 Nov
RE: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Kelly W [PCS] Black5 Nov
  • RE: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Steven Webb5 Nov
RE: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Kelly W [PCS] Black5 Nov
  • RE: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Steven Webb5 Nov
RE: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Luc Foisy6 Nov
  • RE: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Steven Webb6 Nov
Re: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Steven Webb6 Nov
  • Re: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Paul DuBois7 Nov
    • Re: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Steven Webb7 Nov
      • Re: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Paul DuBois7 Nov
  • Re: using libmysqld - can't connect to remote DB as client.Bernhard Döbler7 Nov
    • why is this slow?Jaime Teng11 Nov
      • Re: why is this slow?Thomas Seifert11 Nov
        • Re: why is this slow?Jaime Teng12 Nov
          • Re: why is this slow?Thomas Seifert12 Nov
          • Re: why is this slow?Benjamin Pflugmann12 Nov