List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:November 7 2002 5:32pm
Subject:Key/table cache size?
View as plain text
I've got a query that selects the count of distinct rows in a table; the
table has 453632 rows and 24 distinct class_id's.

mysql> SELECT count(DISTINCT(sig_class_id)) FROM acid_event;
+-------------------------------+
| count(DISTINCT(sig_class_id)) |
+-------------------------------+
|                            24 |
+-------------------------------+
1 row in set (4.80 sec)

mysql> select count(*) FROM acid_event;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|   453632 |
+----------+
1 row in set (3.12 sec)

Is there any way to speed up these queries (InnoDB tables), or just put up?

PS, at that number of distinct values, am I right in thinking that I
should just drop the index on that column while I'm at it?

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.

Thread
Key/table cache size?Michael T. Babcock7 Nov
  • Re: Key/table cache size?Dan Nelson7 Nov
  • Re: Key/table cache size?Michael T. Babcock7 Nov
  • Re: Key/table cache size?Jeremy Zawodny7 Nov
RE: Key/table cache size?Peter Grigor7 Nov
  • Re: Key/table cache size?Michael T. Babcock7 Nov