List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Berg Date:March 31 1999 4:14pm
Subject:Re: ...
View as plain text
Cristina,

You can't do that, but in the past (using Sybase) I've imported the entire
file into a temporary table (in a temporary or scratch database) and then
updated my target table from there.

I'm doing just this right now, and having problems with updating my target
table with data from the scratch import table.

I just sent this question to the list within the hour, so stay tuned.

-Eric.

Cristina Durana Chambre de Sá Moita: [Wednesday 31-March]:

> Hi all!
> Is there a way to use load data infile ... (I just have seen in the
> manual!!!!) to load a column of a table, instead of the all table???
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Cristina

Eric Berg
Chief Technical Officer, iParty Corp.               eberg@stripped
Vice President, New York Linux Users Group           eberg@stripped
work: 212-331-1229                          http://doobie.iparty.com
home: 212-721-2872
Thread
...Cristina Durana Chambre de Sá Moita31 Mar
Re: ...Eric Berg31 Mar
Re: ...Thimble Smith31 Mar
Re: ...Fred Read6 Apr