List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 7 2002 3:54am
Subject:Re: timestamp updated on select
View as plain text
At 2:09 +0200 11/7/02, Galanis Nikolas wrote:
>Yes, that is exactly what happens. It is updated with a simple select
>statement. It is a select from a table which contains only one timestamp
>column and the order by is made by this timstamp column. And every time
>the value if the timestamp is updated.

That seems fairly strange.  Let's see an example.

>On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Paul DuBois wrote:
>
>>  At 23:47 +0000 11/6/02, Nikolas Galanis wrote:
>>  >Hello
>>  >
>>  >I have a column of type timestamp(14) and I thought it would not be
>>  >updated on a query with simple select statements, though it does! I
>>  >read in the manual that it
>>  >shouldn't, what could be wrong? Thanks.
>>
>>  You're saying that performing a SELECT on the table causes the
>  > TIMESTAMP column to *change*?  That shouldn't happen.

Thread
Re: timestamp updated on selectNikolas Galanis7 Nov
  • Re: timestamp updated on selectPaul DuBois7 Nov
    • Re: timestamp updated on selectGalanis Nikolas7 Nov
      • Re: timestamp updated on selectNikolas Galanis7 Nov
        • Re: timestamp updated on selectPaul DuBois7 Nov
      • Re: timestamp updated on selectMichael T. Babcock7 Nov
Re: timestamp updated on selectPaul DuBois7 Nov