List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 7 1999 1:32pm
Subject:Re: Mysql 3-22.25-1 crashes on restart
View as plain text
>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Z Ayers <eric@stripped> writes:

Eric> Thanks for the suggestions about upgrading libc or recompiling with
Eric> egcs.  I recompiled with gcc because the RPM broke and I suspected
Eric> something flaky about egcs!   I *really* think this is a bug in mysql,
Eric> here's what we did to make it go away.

Eric> mikec writes:
>> Eric,
>>
>> I think I found the MySQL problem. I had an entry in the hosts database for
>> a database called 'TestPlan' and when I removed it the mysqld stopped dumping
>> core.

Eric> ...

Eric> (there was no database named TestPlan)

Hi!

We recently found a bug where a totally wrong entry in mysql.user
could force MySQL to dump a core (this has nothing to do if the
database exists or not).  If you can reproduce this in MySQL 3.22.26,
please mail me your mysql.user table so that I can test this!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Mysql 3-22.25-1 crashes on restartEric Z. Ayers2 Sep
  • Mysql 3-22.25-1 crashes on restartJani Tolonen2 Sep
  • Re: Mysql 3-22.25-1 crashes on restartsinisa2 Sep
  • Re: [BUG] CONCAT_WS + GROUP BY display problemMichael Widenius17 May
Re: Mysql 3-22.25-1 crashes on restartEric Z. Ayers3 Sep
  • Re: Mysql 3-22.25-1 crashes on restartMichael Widenius7 Sep