List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Berg Date:March 31 1999 3:39pm
Subject:How to UPDATE from field in other table
View as plain text
I'm trying to update a field in tableA to a value in a field in tableB based
on a common key.  I get "ERROR 1109: Unknown table 'tableB' in field list"
errors each time.

update tableA
set somefield=tableB.otherfield
where tableA.keyfield=tableB.keyfield;

How do I work around this?

-Eric.

--
Eric Berg
Chief Technical Officer, iParty Corp.               eberg@stripped
    • Re: How to UPDATE from field in other tableEric Berg1 Apr
Re: How to UPDATE from field in other tableEric Berg1 Apr
  • Re: How to UPDATE from field in other tableThimble Smith1 Apr