List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 7 1999 1:34pm
Subject:Re: Rematch of modified record in update
View as plain text

> writes:
Monty> The problem is that there was a lot of things involved in this patch.
Hugo> [...]
Monty> Some calls have got more parameters (like make_select), so to get this
Monty> to work in 3.22 you have to change the call back to the old format and
Monty> check that everything still works.

Hugo> That doesn't sound like a useful path for me then.

Hugo> alpha:  Server version:      MySQL 3.23.2 alpha
Hugo> stable: Server version:      MySQL 3.22.25
Hugo> [...]
Hugo> alpha:  TOTALS                 111222  747.01  569.89    0.00 1511298 ++++
Hugo> stable: TOTALS                  10908  781.22  489.97    0.00 1511318 +

Monty> I agree;  There seems to be something wrong in the above.  On the
Monty> other hand, I don't have this problems with my copy of 3.23.3.

Monty> I would suggest that you for a while remove the second part of the
Monty> index (message) until 3.23 reaches beta (hopefully within a couple of
Monty> weeks).

Hugo> We have a number of tables with keys comprised of two or more fields, but
Hugo> if 3.23 is likely to hit beta so soon I think we can live with the status
Hugo> quo until then.

I hope it will be beta (good enough, without any know bugs :) within 1
month

Hugo> I'll also try the benchmarks on my home Linux machine, to see if I get
Hugo> similar results.

I just run our benchmarks and 3.23.3 performed as it should. I will
do a release of this ASAP.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Rematch of modified record in updatehugo18 Aug
  • Rematch of modified record in updatesinisa18 Aug
    • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateHugo van der Sanden18 Aug
      • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateMichael Widenius23 Aug
        • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateHugo van der Sanden23 Aug
        • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateHugo van der Sanden2 Sep
          • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateMichael Widenius2 Sep
            • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateHugo van der Sanden3 Sep
              • Re: Rematch of modified record in updateMichael Widenius7 Sep
  • Rematch of modified record in updateMichael Widenius23 Aug