List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 6 2002 4:37am
Subject:Re: Removal of Primary Key in Mysql
View as plain text
At 23:26 -0500 11/4/02, Eric Frazier wrote:
>Hi,
>
>This is a why questionk, which may be somewhat pointless, but. Why is this
>under alter table instead of drop index?

Because DROP INDEX cannot be used to drop a PRIMARY KEY.
Just like CREATE INDEX cannot be used to create a PRIMARY KEY.

>Thanks,
>
>Eric
>
>At 01:10 AM 11/5/02 -0600, Paul DuBois wrote:
>>At 12:08 +0530 11/5/02, Uma Shankari T. wrote:
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>    I have set one of my field in the mysql table as primary key..no i want
>>>to remove that primary key setting in mysql..Can anyone please tell me how
>>>to do that ???
>>>
>  >>Regards,
>>>Uma
>>
>  >ALTER TABLE tbl_name DROP PRIMARY KEY;

Thread
Removal of Primary Key in MysqlUma Shankari T.5 Nov
  • Re: Removal of Primary Key in MysqlPaul DuBois5 Nov
Re: Removal of Primary Key in MysqlEric Frazier5 Nov
  • RE: Removal of Primary Key in MysqlAlan McDonald5 Nov
    • RE: Removal of Primary Key in MysqlWilliam R. Mussatto5 Nov
      • Re: Removal of Primary Key in MysqlMichael T. Babcock5 Nov
  • Re: Removal of Primary Key in MysqlPaul DuBois6 Nov