List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andre Kirchner Date:November 1 2002 3:01am
Subject:Re: How to query a varchar column's value staring with a string?
View as plain text
thanks for the help, but what I really want is to
select all the values that are a substring of 'test'
as  't', 'te', 'tes' and 'test', and so I was trying
the query

select * from theTable
where ( theColumn || '%' ) like 'test';

I think my previous email as a litle bit confusing.
Sorry for that :-)

Andre

--- Jennifer Goodie <goodie@stripped>