List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lars Andersson Date:October 31 2002 9:37pm
Subject:RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?
View as plain text
Mysql is installed properly with user mysql and group mysql.

What happens if I limit the maximum filesize for the mysql user? When it
reches that size it will send what kind of errors to the user doing the
query?

Another problem is that I have quite big innodb data-files, owned by
mysql, the limit would also stop the auto-increase files from growing I
guess? That's the primary reason. Another reason is the normal MyISAM
datafiles, some of them are quite big also.

Thats a few reasons that makes me want to solve this on the mysql-server
level instead of at the OS level.

- lars

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Jan Steinman wrote:

> >From: Lars Andersson <lars@stripped>
> >
> >Thanks for your advices, but I don't want to solve this problem on the
> >OS/shell level.
>
> Assuming MySQL is installed properly, with its own user and group, I don't see why
> you should not want to solve the problem this way.

Thread
: A simple one that gets me!scott31 Oct
  • Re: A simple one that gets me!Roger Baklund31 Oct
    • mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
      • Re: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?gerald_clark31 Oct
        • Re: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Kelly W [PCS] Black31 Oct
  • RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Kelly W [PCS] Black31 Oct
  • RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Jan Steinman1 Nov
  • RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson1 Nov
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Kelly W [PCS] Black1 Nov