List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Matthews Date:October 31 2002 8:56pm
Subject:Re: Prepared Statement Problem
View as plain text
Heikki Tuuri wrote:

> Ryan,

You don't say how you determine the result set is empty, which might be
where your problem is. Also, I would like to see what the code in
".bindExampleWhere()" actually does.

> [snip]
>
> If you are running with
>
> SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0
>
> and inserted the row during the current read transaction, then it
> might also
> be that you are reading too old a snapshot. The transaction doing the
> SELECT
> can issue a COMMIT to refresh the snapshot.

Heikki has a good point here, as this confuses many people who are not
used to using transactions under a REPEATABLE_READ isolation level.

I haven't replied to the original sender, as his e-mail has been
stripped from the original mail :(

	-Mark

sql,query

--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mmma

    /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /  Mark Matthews <mark@stripped>
   / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, Full-Time Developer - JDBC/Java
  /_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Flossmoor (Chicago), IL USA
         <___/ www.mysql.com

Thread
Re: Prepared Statement ProblemHeikki Tuuri31 Oct
  • JDBC DBMetaData and proper FK rules against InnoDB tablesj.random.programmer1 Nov
Re: Prepared Statement ProblemMark Matthews31 Oct